Saturday, March 15, 2014

Where did February go?

                                                  Feb. 15, 1942 [Probably Mar. 15, 1942]

Hello Darling,

            Boy, the next time we move, I go with you when you go, or you don’t go.  What a job we've had.  Ken and Gord, Mont, Wid & Burnell [brothers and brothers-in-law] got all the freight off yesterday which didn't inc. the book case or radio and did include Baby Bed, kitchen table & chairs, dishes, pans, books, bedding & fruit.  The cost was terrible. $34.70.  I pd only $16.00 leaving $35.00 for my fare & Mont promises to pay me $15.00 before I leave.  We’ll have to pay the rest of the freight at that end.
            As far as I know I’m leaving here Wed. eve at 7:00 P.M. on the D & R.G. & will arrive at 4:30 P.M. Friday.  I have a bit of news too.  Alvin & I will not be traveling alone I don’t believe.  Alan Lundgren is on his way, & will try to leave the same time I do.  We will have 4 ½ hrs in Denver, but will come all the way thru on a streamliner.
            Darling, I hope you’re well, and I’ll be so glad when I’m down there & we’re settled.  I've been so busy the last few days I’m really tired, but today, Sun. I have rested all day.  Had dinner with Mother & Dan
                                               Mar. 16, 1942
            Went to church last night & didn't finish writing the letter. Got your special delivery this morn. As I have said I sent the table & chairs, but do not dispose of those you got until after we get there because our freight may take 3 weeks to get there. 
            Helen & Mont are giving me $15.00 & I have $35.00 for my fair.  Hope you have enough to run on.
            Can’t think of anything more to say, but I think you've done wonders.  Can’t wait to get there.
            I’ll leave here Wed eve that’s certain.  But there is a train at 7:00 & one at 8:00 P.M.  I don’t know which one Alan will want to take.  I think it will be the 7:00 P.M. getting us there Fri eve at 4:30 P.M.

                                                 Love,
                                                 Laura & Alvin


P.S. Just received your letter of 13th.  Don’t worry about money.  I think well be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment